Career Level Senior Level
Experience 5 Years
Industry Computer Software/Engineering
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team builds and provides systems that power many of Apple’s customer facing services (like iCloud, iTunes, Siri, Maps). We provide infrastructure primitives that enable teams across Apple to build services that our customers love. Our team is building a low latency distributed storage block storage system, which will be made available to workloads running on ACI’s private-cloud infrastructure. As a general purpose “disk” service, we need to support workloads ranging from databases and ML/analytics frameworks to orchestration of large scale containerized and virtualized jobs.
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing software engineers.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in software design, distributed systems and storage
- Experience in high velocity software development practices.
- Preferred: Programming experience in a systems programming language like; C, C++ or Rust
- Preferred: Experience in the bottom layers of the storage software stack (Filesystem, Block Device, SSD) OR in building large scale distributed systems
As a leader on this team, you will manage software engineers to deliver high performance, secure and fault tolerant software that runs at scale in a heterogenous computing environment. You will work with other senior leaders on the team to define the long-term vision for the product, taking into account short and long term technology trends both inside and outside of Apple. This team prides itself on its highly collaborative culture, and as a manager you’d play an important part in fostering that as the team grows. The role offers an opportunity to shape the product features and technical architecture. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally to increase your organizational impact.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or Equivalent work experience.