Career Level Mid Level
Experience 4 Years
Industry Computer Hardware
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
In this role, you will work in the cross-functional Next Gen Computing group alongside other software, mechanical, and electrical engineers creating software to enable investigating future product concepts related to the Mac and iPad product lines. You will work iteratively: participating in team brainstorms, building software tooling and interaction prototypes, helping demonstrate them to peers and stakeholders, and incorporating feedback into the next cycle.
- The ideal candidate will have many of the following qualifications:
- Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent skills with macOS, Terminal, iOS, Xcode, or comparable OS / IDE
- Proficiency with Swift, C, C++, Objective-C, C#, or similar language.
- Experience with user interface development with UIKit, AppKit, or SwiftUI, or comparable frameworks on other platforms
- Experience with any of the following is optional but helpful: computer vision and machine learning, 2D or 3D graphics programming, digital signal processing, firmware and device drivers
- Ability to evolve demonstration prototypes into stable platforms for extended testing and evaluation
- Experience with some methods for sensor data transfer, accessing hardware from applications, and cross-platform communication (microcontrollers, UART, COM ports, USB, UDP/TCP, sockets, IPC)
- Sensitivity and facility with UI design to improve and enhance user experience
- Independent, self-starter, with good interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for working with a variety of disciplines including technologists, Ux designers, software, hardware and product development engineers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for doing the best possible work.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: – Building tooling to assist with hardware prototype development, characterization, and user research – Developing software prototyping platforms for custom hardware integrating multiple sensors, microcontrollers, and products, off-the-shelf and custom components – Development of graphical application-level interactive prototypes – Building stable, livable implementations allowing extended real-world use of these ideas, integrating with OS – Design and implementation of software and firmware that enable new functionality and product concepts. – Support concept transfer to Apple’s world class product development and software engineering groups. – Manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting to program needs as required. – Assimilate feedback from multiple stakeholders to evolve and improve concepts. – Collaborate with and support other prototyping teams by sharing and maintaining software dependencies
Education & Experience
– BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent technical experience